Further, the debate about the "uninsured" in America is the greatest source of misinformation.
From Mark Levin's book "Liberty and Tyranny":
"In 2006, the Census Bureau reported that there were 46.6 million people without health insurance.
Why are we trying to destroy the greatest health care system in the world? There is no health care crisis. Tell Congress to keep their hands off of our health care. Call (202)224-3121 and ask to speak with your elected representative.
- About 9.5 million were not United States citizens.
- Another 17 million lived in households with incomes exceeding $50,000 a year and could, presumably, purchase their own health coverage .
- Eighteen million of the 46.6 million uninsured were between the ages of eighteen and thirty-four, most of whom were in good health and no necessarily in need of health-care coverage or chose not to purchase it .
- Moreover, only 30 percent of the nonelderly population who became uninsured in a given year remained uninsured for more than twelve months.
- Almost 50 percent regained their health coverage within four months . The 47 million "uninsured" figure used by [Speaker of the Houe Nancy] Pelosi and others is widely inaccurate."